Planning on taking your pumpkin trick or treating? Here are so tips to make sure you don’t end up tricked!
1. Give your child a good meal before trick-or-treating to prevent them from snacking on candy and treats.
2. Urge them to wait until they get home before eating them and let you inspect the treats in their bags.
3. Tell children not to accept – and especially not to eat – anything that isn’t commercially wrapped.
4. Inspect all treats for signs of tampering, such as an unusual appearance or discoloration, tiny pinholes, or tears in wrappers.
5. Parents of very young children should remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies or small toys.
In the case that your child does end up with a stomach ache please make sure to seek medical attention if needed.