Orthopedic Clinic at Dalhart Family Medicine Clinic
Orthopedics, also known as orthopaedics, is a branch of medicine that focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. The musculoskeletal system includes bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissues that provide support and enable movement in the body.
Orthopedic surgeons, also known as orthopedists, are medical doctors who specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. They may treat a wide range of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Bone fractures: Orthopedic surgeons can diagnose and treat broken bones, from simple fractures to complex injuries that require surgical intervention.
- Joint problems: Orthopedic surgeons can treat conditions that affect the joints, such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis.
- Spinal disorders: Orthopedic surgeons can diagnose and treat conditions that affect the spine, including herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis.
- Sports injuries: Orthopedic surgeons can treat a variety of sports-related injuries, such as ligament tears, muscle strains, and stress fractures.
- Congenital and developmental disorders: Orthopedic surgeons can treat conditions that are present at birth or develop during childhood, such as clubfoot, hip dysplasia, and limb length discrepancies.
Treatment options for these conditions may include non-surgical interventions, such as physical therapy and medication, or surgical interventions, such as joint replacement or spine surgery.
James Parker, MD is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder, hip and knee surgery. Dr. Parker enjoys seeing patients of all ages, and sees both traumatic injuries and degenerative conditions in his practice. He treats patients in Dalhart on the second Monday of each month. To schedule an appointment to be seen by Dr. Parker, call (806) 350-2663.
"THE DALLAM-HARTLEY COUNTIES HOSPITAL DISTRICT ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR'S TAX RATE."
"THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 7.99 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $14.19”
A long-term care ombudsman helps residents of a nursing facility and residents of an assisted living facility resolve complaints. Help provided by an ombudsman is confidential and free of charge. To speak with an ombudsman, a person may call the toll-free number 1-800-252-2412.