With regret, no incoming homemade, perishable food items, or flowers that cannot be wiped down or sanitized will be allowed in any DHCHD facility. Food will only be accepted if it is from a restaurant monitored by the Texas Department of Health. Candy can be accepted if it is still in the packaging and can be sanitized. Unfortunately, we see this as a threat to our District and the possibility of increasing infection spread. Therefore, in replace of these items, we will give the opportunity for our community to donate to either the Healthcare Foundation or Employee Assistance Fund.
Here are some options that the Healthcare Foundation is currently fundraising for:
• Lab Testing Equipment & Supplies (need $500,000) supplies for COVID – 19 testing
• Nursing Home Activities Fund – for fun and interaction with residents
• Transportation Van for Senior Care Solutions – (Need $27,500) – rides to/from appointments
• Home Health & Hospice Fund – services for patients in their homes or facility
• Safety Glass at Admitting & ER Desks (need $24,000) – safety and protection of staff
• Physical Therapy Equipment (need $9,000) – enables patients to gain strength & normality
• Equipment to treat Newborns (need $8,500) – treats jaundice in newborns
• General Fund – at the decision of the Board of Directors for determining the need
If you would like to donate to the Healthcare Foundation: Mail check to DHC Healthcare Foundation: 1411 Denver Avenue Dalhart, TX 79022 or call 806-244-4571 Ext 1987 to donate over the phone.
If you would like to donate to the Employee Assistance Fund: please send a check to DHCHD Employee Assistance Fund: 1411 Denver Ave or call 806.244.4571 to donate over the phone.
We are thankful for the generosity of our Dalhart community. We know everyone wants to honor our front-line heroes, patients, and residents who are in a dangerous position as this virus moves into the northwest Texas Panhandle. Please pray for everyone in the Hospital District and please keep yourself and your family safe at home. If you have questions, please reach out to us on Facebook