Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs diagnostic radiographic procedures on patients. Cleans and maintains equipment and prepares necessary reports and maintains records. OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Class I.
A. Education: High School graduate or equivalent and graduate of an accredited program a valid ARRT certificate and a valid Texas license
B. Personal Job-Related Skills: Knowledge of radiological equipment and effective oral and written communication skills.
C. Licensure, Registry or Certification: Registered, or registry eligible with ARRT, or ARCRT, a current Texas License is desirable.
1. Prior Work Experience: One year as a registered Technologist preferred.
2. Technical Training: Training in CT scanning required and ultrasound is desirable.
E. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require moderate standing, walking, twisting, reaching, and handling of instruments and equipment. Lifting up to 50 pounds and occasional heavy lifting, including lifting and supporting patients who may suddenly become weak or helpless.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs diagnostic radiographic procedures on patients.
1. Insure the correct procedure is being performed on the patient. _____
2. Instructs and prepares patient for procedure and assures proper positioning. _____
3. Develops film by automatic or manual processing. _____
4. Properly identifies film with patient identification. _____
5. Transports patients to and from the department. _____
6. Provides care appropriate for neonate, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients based on demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
HR Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org