JOB TITLE: Dietary Manager
JOB SUMMARY:Oversees nutrition and facilities services with regard to quality improvement, sanitation, and infection control, maintains regulatory requirements, including all federal, state, local regulations and accrediting organization standards. Bloodborne Pathogens Class III.
Required: High School graduate or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate or higher degree in restaurant management, or a related field.
- Licensure, Registry or Certification:
Required: Certified Dietary Manager.
Will complete Certified Dietary Manager course three years from date of hire.
Required: At least one year of food service management or relevant experience.
Preferred: At least five years of experience in hospital food.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require extended periods of walking and standing. Some bending, stooping, and reaching for food items and equipment. Pushing and pulling of food carts and lifting up to 50 pounds. Duties require good written and verbal communication skill and the ability to speak in public groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nutritional Services
- Oversee departmental staff operations, business planning and budget development.
- Ensure services are in compliance with nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Oversee, plan and direct the nutrition services program.
- Manage inventory, order processing and distribution of products and services.
- In coordination with the Dietitian prepares regular and patient menus.
- Assures physician’s orders concerning patient diets are followed.
- Maintains vendor relationships.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Exhibits professionalism and confidentiality.
- Continual contacts with patients, medical staff and patient care departments.
- Provides service direct to patients while maintaining a positive patient relations atmosphere.
- Maintains relationships with outside suppliers and vendors.